Kickstart Your Creative Writing: 1-Day Course
Time & Location
About This Course
This is an informal, boutique style workshop which welcomes new writers. This unique, creative environment offers customized feedback and individual support.
Class size is limited and the emphasis is on developing a voice as well as completing good creative work in a supportive environment.
Anna is available to talk to you and resolve any queries outside the workshop environment.
Praise for Ferdia
"Is there a better Tutor in the world of Creative Writing than Ferdia Mac Anna? I very much doubt if there is. He has an outstanding ability and aptitude to assimilate the various writings put before him, and at the same time, the perspicacity to get into the mind of the Author. A boring treatise is given life, a nondescript character a face, the world around us, a smell. Above all there is the Author’s voice. He is the Professional’s Professional. I regard it as a great privilege to write under his caring guidance. He has enriched my life." Brendan Flood
"He creates a safe atmosphere in which to learn, is generous with his time and never hesitates to share his wealth of experience. Ferdia ensures that each writer is given an opportunity to share what they have written and provides on the spot constructive feedback and suggestions for improving or developing our work."
"Ferdia has so much experience in what he does, he expertly guides without being in any way intrusive." Caroline Bale
To paraphrase my hero Ray Bradbury, ‘Writers must jump a cliff and make their own wings on the way down'.
Courses in a nutshell
- Group Size: upto 10 writers
- What writers need to bring: pen, paper, a copy of their writing for that particular week.
- Courses must be paid for in advance and online. If attendees prefer to use an alternative means of payment, they must contact the administrator in advance of the start date.
- One week’s cancellation notice prior to the start date is required for a full refund.
- Weeks missed are not transferable to another course, unless at the discretion of the administrator.
- The administrator reserves the right to cancel and change dates of courses.
- The administrator and facilitators do not take responsibility for the protection of attendees' ideas nor can they guarantee ideas have not been used previously.
- An attendee's booking is confirmation that these terms have been read and accepted.