Wed, 06 Feb|
The Magpie Inn
Finding your Voice (Wednesdays)
Suitable for new and emerging writers, as well as more experienced writers who may have paused for a while, or are struggling to get going again.
Time & Location
06 Feb 2019, 19:00 – 20 Mar 2019, 21:30
The Magpie Inn, 115/116 Coliemore Rd, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, A96 HE22, Ireland
About This Course
7 Week Course (Full Time)
5 Week Course (Part-Time)
Can you imagine discovering that your creative side does exist, even if it's been dormant for a while or even a lifetime? Can you imagine getting past your blocks to once again write fluently? And can you imagine discovering that you actually enjoy writing creatively?
Using the AWA (Amherst Writers & Artists) method, Christine works to bring out the creativity in each group member: everyone is born creative but, somehow, many of us have buried that part of us over time either through lack of encouragement, lack of self belief or lack of opportunity. Christine’s enjoyable task, as an AWA associate, is to re-connect you with your creativity, through writing.
Finding Your Voice writing workshops are designed to bring back that creative spark in each person through prompts, writing exercises and discussions on craft conducted in a safe space. There is no pressure, no judgement, no critique, just positive feedback responding exclusively to strengths observed in the writing. Concentrating on strengths alone allows each writer to grow in confidence. Then, as confidence grows, blocks disappear and ideas are released. And, whether you are a beginner or an experienced writer there is nothing more pleasurable than watching your ideas fly, whatever shape they may take!
"You made it a very safe place to write spontaneously. I'm still astonished at how I 'found my voice' in the group led so safely by your good self. I've longed all my life to be able to write and haven't managed to do so except very sporadically" Germaine Morrissey
"Stop Christine! My mind is bursting and the pen is out of ink!" Joe MacAvin
"Since I started to attend I've gained considerable confidence and experince in short story writing. Christine's constructive guidance and encouragement have been of great benefit. She is a patient listener and a very competent guide. She creates a positive and relaxed environment whereby her workshops become enjoyable experiences, and I plan to continue attending." Brendan Nangle
Many different shades of creativity surface once we are empowered to use our imagination. I meet so many people who say “I don’t have a creative bone in my body” and then go on to become a revelation to themselves through the practice of writing.
- There are 3 x 10 week courses from September to May - Anna will inform you of dates.
- Group Size: upto 12 writers
- Availability: 8 full-time places, 4 part-time places. One-off places depend on availability and are at the discretion of the facilitator.
- Part-Time defined: writers may opt for any 7 weeks during a course.
- What writers need to bring: pen, paper and imagination.
- Courses must be paid for in advance and online. If you prefer an alternative means of payment, please let Anna know.
- Strictly 3 course options only are available: full-time, part-time or one-off class
- One week’s cancellation notice is required.
- Weeks missed are not transferable.
- The administrator reserves the right to cancel and change dates of courses.
Full Time (7 weeks)
Part-Time (5 weeks)
One Off Class